The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola, (composed from 1522-1524) are a set of Christian meditations, prayers and mental exercises, divided into four thematic 'weeks' of variable length, designed to be carried out over a period of 28 to 30 days.
“Come apart and rest awhile”
Five Day Ignatian Retreat by the Fathers of the Society of Saint Pius X
- Women (18+): Sunday July 25th to Friday July 30st, 2021
- Men (18+): Sunday August 1st to Friday August 6th, 2021
Retreats begin on Sunday at 6:00 PM and end on Friday after lunch.
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Academy
2483 Bleams Road
New Hamburg N3A 3J2.
- $250 CAD (those who cannot pay need not worry)
- The Spiritual Exercises were given to St. Ignatius by Our Blessed Lady and recommended by many popes.
- You have converted recently, and you thirst to learn more about the Catholic Faith that is now at the centre of your life.
- You want to learn how to live as a good Christian in this corrupted world. On the retreat you will get the straight answers you seek.
- You’re burdened with sin and don’t know how to deal with it. There is an answer for you: the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius. There, you will find the strength and weapons for victory.
- You’ve been a Catholic your whole life. Now you feel that your practice of religion is becoming routine. At times, you even have doubts about the Catholic Faith or Tradition. You really need to straighten out your life before it’s too late: so attend a retreat soon!
- You’re about to make important decisions that will affect your career, the future of your family, or the education of your children... A retreat will give you the best opportunity to make the right decision, putting everything in the right place. Take time to think about such decisions during a good retreat!
- You want to become more fervent and improve your spiritual life: you need the Spiritual Exercises. It is a proven method, approved by the Church and recommended by many saints.
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Academy is located on Bleams Road which runs parallel to Highway 7 & 8. The easiest exit from the 401 is at Kitchener, going west on Highway 7 & 8 to the Queen Street exit (Route 12), going south to Bleams Road and then one mile west to the school.
Lose a week, gain an eternity.
“But, I have no time!”
If you really want to come, you will find the time. This is a very serious matter: the eternal salvation of your soul.
“But, I am not very educated!”
That doesn’t matter: like the preaching of Our Lord, the Ignatian Exercises are simple and can be grasped by everybody.
Fear not, it is Me.” “Even though your sins be as red as scarlet, I will make them as white as snow.”