March 4, 2016, Menzingen (Switzerland). Bishop Bernard Fellay, Superior General of the Society of St. Pius X answers the questions of DICI.
For several weeks various rumors have been circulating in the press concerning the possible canonical recognition of the Society of St. Pius X by Rome. Rather than compound these rumors with commentaries, DICI preferred to interview the Superior General of the Society, Bishop Bernard Fellay, to ask him to make an assessment of the following issues:
1. The relations of the Society of St. Pius X with Rome
2. The new Roman proposals
3. “To be accepted as we are”
4. The pope and the Society of St. Pius X
5. The jurisdiction granted to the priests of the Society of St. Pius X
6. The visits of prelates sent by Rome
7. The present state of the Church
8. What should we ask of the Blessed Virgin?